Friday, June 3, 2011

Is Stevia the femenization of Stevie?

In the last couple months, I have had several things break. Some of them are big (lawn mower) and some just feel big at 7am when YOU NEED COFFEE (coffee grinder and coffee maker). So I broke down and bought a new coffee maker. I've been wanting a Keurig for some time. The hubby's been poo-pooing them for some time. But I have to say, after buying the one they sell at Sam's Club, I've been nothing but pleased. I can have 20oz of coffee with creamer for 2 points (I get 29 a day), or I can have a 20oz bottle of Coke for 7 points, or a Venti White Chocolate Mocha for 17 points. That's several points a day I could be using for other more important things, like cheese.

So on top of lovely coffee (that's signifigantly cheaper than going to Starbucks or buying a bottle of Coke), I also have taken to drinking tea in the afternoon (made with my Keurig). There's something very genteel about drinking iced tea in the afternoon. With this tea, I've started sweetening it with Truvia instead of sugar or Splenda (0 points). I have to say, I'm a fan. I'm debating the merits of getting a stevia plant for my house to soak in the tea because Truvia is a little pricy and I do love to pinch a penny.

Also, I'm on my fifth week of Weight Watchers and I've lost 7.8 pounds. I've lost about two inches all over except my belly. I've only lost a quarter of an inch. Guess it's time to get on those crunches...

No comments:

Post a Comment