Monday, August 16, 2010

Good God, I Love Bacon...

So, in the theme of frugality currently running in our house, tonight's meal was made entirely from things we found in our fridge and freezers (that's right, plural).  Tonight's dish is actually a twist on a meal That Nice Man I Live With has been making me for years.  We started by cutting up an onion into rings and spreading a layer on the bottom of a casserole dish.  Then, we took those little babybel cheese things and cut them in half.  We then took the cheese pieces and wrapped chicken around them and then wrapped bacon around the chicken.   The chicken is then placed on top of the onions and then we spread a beer/cream of mushroom soup mixture on top and cook it in the oven.  It smells amazing. 


Oh, and by we, I mean That Nice Man fixed all of this.  I made the brown rice and will be heating up a can of green beans to accompany the meal.  We all do our part.

No comments:

Post a Comment